The key aspect behind this website is to help you to improve your interpersonal skills, learn how to build self confidence and overcome social anxiety and shyness while ensuring you keep your true introverted personality. You don’t have to be an introvert and lose the joy of effective communication with others.
The stereotype that introverted people have bad social skills and should always be lonely is just another limited belief set in our heads.
To have friends and loved ones, you don’t have to eliminate your true personality – including shyness or excessive quietness – and force yourself to take on a more sociable attitude. All you have to do is better your interpersonal skills so that these “negative aspects” don’t hinder your life in any way. Rather, they can help you become who you actually are.
During my late teens and early 20s, I struggled with the fact that I had no social life – no friends to party with and no girlfriend to snuggle up to. There were days I hated those introverted character traits of mine. All I wanted to do was just ignore my personality and become an extrovert. Five years – it took five years – to find a happy balance between the two personality types and become able to communicate with the rest of the world effectively.
The Internet is full of recommendations and idea on how to deal with social phobia and shyness. However, the advice often given is generic and shallow – things that really do not work. For instance: “Believe in yourself” or “Be self-confident” were phrases that just never helped me. To me, those articles were written with the idea of making money, not to really help folks.
For all my articles, I do whatever I can to give you practical advice. The kind of advice you can apply to your daily life. The articles I write are based on my personal experiences. Yes, I bring out a lot of private details about myself. However, I am not embarrassed by them. And, if my telling someone about it helps them, then mentioning it is well worth it!
Where to Start?
- Get Social Blog
- The pulse of the site. The blog traces all the events at sociableintrovert.com. Whenever something changes (new article appears/an old article has been revised) the blog is the first to announce it.
- Get a Social Life From Scratch
- The series of articles on how to get a social life, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.
- Get Social
- Articles on improving skill of communication and becoming more sociable person overall.
- Articles on how to overcome social anxiety and depression
- Articles on how to overcome social anxiety and depression and boost your self-esteem.
- For Guys Concerning Girls
- My experience and advice for shy guys on dealing with fears and anxieties.
- Other Articles
- Other articles on physical and spiritual growth.
- Humorous Social Quizzes
- Humorous Social Quizzes
- About sociableintrovert.com
- Additional information about this site and its philosophy. Plus, a little bit about me, the author of this site.
- Contact Me
- You have a question, a comment or other kind of feedback? Use this page to contact me.